Black Bean Burgers
These are a great quick meal that will satisfy the whole family. Quick and easy to make you can have these on the table in 20 minutes.
Tasting much better than they look, they are packed with nutrients antioxidants, fiber, protein, and carbohydrates making them nutritionally powerful and good for the gut.
Recipe thanks to Lee Holmes, Supercharged Food – Eat Clean Green and Vegetarian.
- 75g sunflower seeds
- 75 g pumpkin seeds
- 1 grated carrot
- 400g black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 chilli, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive oil (cold pressed extra virgin)
- sea salt and ground black pepper.
I also add some dried (or fresh garlic) and I use chilli powder because I up the quantity to make them a bit spicy and I will use paprika if I don’t have cayenne (and lessen the chilli when I do).
- Place seeds in blender and grind. Add the carrot and blitz for 10 seconds. Add 3/4 of the beans, onions, spices, olive oil and salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Add remaining beans into the mix and use your hands to form patties.
- Bake in a hot over 200C for 20 minutes.